I have been teaching yoga for over a decade and in my opinion, first-time students are not only the most fun to teach, but they provide the best opportunity for me to improve my teaching skills.
New students will rely on you…a lot. They are often the most focused of students and will listen to your every instruction. It is extremely gratifying when I witness a new student make the deep connection with their yoga practice and I am eternally grateful for the small part I am able to contribute towards this life changing experience.
My teaching dharma is to inspire students, to transmit yoga as fully and clearly as possible.
Yoga Beginners 101
2018 COURSE DATES:
New to Yoga?
Wish to deepen your understanding of Yoga?
Then this course is for you!
This 8 weeks course designed and facilitated by GINA FUNKE, is for anyone new to yoga or for anyone wishing to refine their knowledge of the basic yoga practice.
Through the 8 weeks we will explore
- the importance of our breath & how to utilise it
- Surya Namaskara - the fundamentals of this energising sun salutation sequence.
- Warrior series of standing postures
- Spinal mobility. Extension, flexion, side-bending and twisting.
- Finding Balance in standing postures
- The Art of Savasana - deep rest.